Re: zle messes up 'words' variable?

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 10:38 PM, Bart Schaefer
<schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On May 5,  7:40pm, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> }
> } I asked the question very clearly[1], and nobody seems to be
> } interested in fixing the slowness issue *now*, and trying to improve
> } the performance of the more correct approach *later*.
>
> I don't think there's any useful distinction.  "Now" is still relative
> to how soon a new version is installable,

I don't care when the new version will be installable. I can use the
the latest zsh completion on my current system.

> and the level of effort
> required to gut the existing code and produce a faster "seems to work
> but is less correct" version appears comparable to the effort of making
> performance improvements on the correct version.

Perhaps, but that's not how I develop; first make it usable, then
improve it (without breaking it).

> Nikolai put a lot of effort into the current version and as we're all
> volunteers here I can't fault him for not wanting to expend effort on
> gutting it.  In the same way that the bash variant is good enough for
> you, what he's contributed is presently working the way he prefers.  If
> no one else is available to produce an alternative, well, that happens
> sometimes with a volunteer work force.

That's not the case, I volunteered myself to do that, but what's the
point if he is going to reject the patches?

> If you're not willing to volunteer either, it's not helpful to drive by
> with throwaway denigrations of what "you guys want."

Again, I did volunteer, didn't you see the link on the mail you just replied?

--
Felipe Contreras