Re: Tests of interrupting completion, and completion_nostat_dirs

On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 09:15:01 -0800
> On Feb 5,  2:23pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> }
> } Looks like the right answer is to add the parameter within
> } complete.c.
>
> And declare it as a feature to solve Greg's problem above?  If it's only
> a special parameter when completion is actually in progress, it can't be
> tested from a startup file.

Hmmm... parameter features are handled automatically, so the parameter
would be added permanently.  However, there is the option of adding
non-standard (looks like I called them "abstract") features that aren't
handled automatically by the feature mechanism, so we could add that
(and make it do nothing when enabled or disabled).

Really, this is asking for something a bit more lightweight within the
feature mechanism, i.e. a set of flags that you can query but not turn
on or off.

But having something in the main shell to test for a completion feature
doesn't sound the right solution, so we should probably do something
like this.

(The other way would be to use the zstyle -e option to execute some code
when the style is requested, which would ensure all the requirements are
satisfied.)

pws