Re: In Vi mode, show whether "insert" or "command" state is active

On Dec 26, 10:58pm, Christian Neukirchen wrote:
}
} Perhaps %(z.viins.I.)%(z.main.N.)?
}
} i.e. z.MODE.PRINT_IF_MODE.PRINT_ELSE.

That might work (except drop the trailing "."), but it's inconsistent as
compared to the other ternary constructions.  That is, parsing can't tell
without infinite lookahead whether you have %(z.MODE.true.false) or just
%(z.true.false).  Of course we could just disallow the latter in the
case of the 'z' token, but that's still a little icky.

If we did this, it should probably be a pattern match or a prefix match
so one could do %(z.vi*.notemacs.emacs) or %(z.menu*.this.that).

--
Barton E. Schaefer