Re: PATCH: highlight pasted text

Bart wrote:
> Hmm, it just occurred to me that although the starting *input* sequence
> for bracketed-paste can be changed by using "bindkey", the *ending*
> input sequence is hardwired in bracketedstring().  If the terminal

I did actually mention that early on. Extra elements can be added to
zle_bracketed_paste but to make it generic you'd have to change the
string matching C code to something less efficient that would allow
substrings of the string prefix within the end string.

In reality, every modern terminal emulator is just implementing things
to be xterm compatible and I don't see much point getting our knickers
in a twist about this.

> It might actually be nice to have two widgets, one called at each end
> of the paste.  Then things like applying the quoting could appear in
> the end-of-paste widget.

How would you select different end-of-paste widgets for corresponding
start widgets.

Mikael's shell function solution effectively had that because it was
using a separate keymap. I considered that approach at the time but
there are advantages either way.

Oliver