Re: [BUG] With --disable-dynamic-nss, not all functions calls are protected

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 17, 2021 at 05:45:37PM +0900, Jun T wrote:
> > I guess the problem is getlogin() called from createparamtable().
>
> Yes, this can be confirmed by statically linking a test program
> (just call getlogin() and exit). I _hope_ there are no other places
> where NSS-functions are indirectly called.
>
> Revised the Axel's patch (also attached a file):

Yay, this patch works for me! zsh-static built on Debian Unstable
(glibc 2.32) no more segfaults when copied to and executed on Debian
11 Bullseye (glibc 2.31) for me. (Just my way to test it, the issue
popped up in Debian Unstable the other way round when glibc was
upgraded from 2.31 to 2.32.)

Bart: Sorry for not providing a gdb backtrace in time. Was too tired
last night to figure out where to put Debian's debug symbols when not
installing the built packages (or to set up a fitting chroot for
testing with the built packages) for generating a backtrace with gdb.

		Kind regards, Axel
--
PGP: 2FF9CD59612616B5      /~\  Plain Text Ribbon Campaign, http://arc.pasp.de/
Mail: abe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  \ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and Usenet