Re: CSS for Zsh website?

On 3/10/2022 3:12 PM, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
On Thu, Mar 10, 2022, at 12:17 PM, Clinton Bunch wrote:
A web page should mostly be left in the hands of the user
A nice thought, but in practice the vast majority of users only
ever see the defaults chosen by the website author.
But some don't, like people who prefer dark backgrounds or need a 15pt font to read.  Browsers have customizable defaults for a reason.  Overriding those should require a reason other than it's what I like.

We are Unix people, a platform built on flexibility.  You have created
one of the most flexible shells in existence.  (Which is why I've used
it for 25+ years)  The website should reflect that flexibility.
I do not think projecting the sensibilities of an operating system
onto a website is a recipe for making a good website.

Flexibility is a key and often overlooked aspect to a website. People have different width screens, so setting things in pixel (or character) widths can make a web page look like crap.  It's quite frustrating when a website says "Best viewed at 1024x768" or some such.

What fancy design do you see the Zsh Website needing?  Drop down menus?  Floating ads?  The fanciest thing I can see us needing is a side bar with a width set in ems.  We don't need to control every aspect of the user experience to get our message out there.