RE: Re: The request of words matter updated

On Tue, 4 Oct 2022 07:05:20 +0000, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On the other hand, the change would allegedly make it easier for some
> people to participate in the community.
>
> On the third hand, the change would likely have social costs as well.

It's already having social costs. Look at the upheaval, on this very
list, that we're ourselves participants of.

In all, me suspects that the change, should we make it, will have the
following effects--

 0) Continuing churn, both in the code and on the mailing lists;
 1) The folks at IBM relievedly ticking boxes on forms submitted to
    management;
 2) No increase -attributable to the change- in contributions;
 3) An increase in certain people's level of disgust;
  and, finally:
 3) The folks at IBM (and quite possibly others), having taken note
    that we gave in to political pressure once, sooner or later try to
    make us do so again, quite possibly on an even less sensical
    subject.

        --zeurkous.

--
Friggin' Machines!