RE: Re: Re: Re: On the "Words Matter" issue (was Re: The request of words matter updated; quotes deleted)

On Sat, 8 Oct 2022 13:20:10 +0200, Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Just to clarify this to any outsider following this thread, these two
>>> people are not affiliated with the zsh project other than by sending
>>> one or a few patches to the list.
>>
>> While me certainly won't exaggerate me own importance, your message
>> would seem to constitute an ad hominem attack.
>
> Is it now an ad hominem attack to say someone is not affiliated with
> the zsh project?

You did not mean to imply that the words of Felipe and me are somehow
worth less than those that have submitted a gazillion patches instead of
a couple (or, in me case, just one; which was, BTW, accepted (albeit in
its 2nd revision))...?

> I only clarified because you keep saying "we" even
> though you're a 3rd party.

Me uses zsh constantly. Me's been following this list for a while. Me
has a considerable stake in zsh's future. Given all, me's hardly a 3rd
party[0]. 2nd party, perhaps. But not 3rd.

         --zeurkous.

[0] Believe me, me'd rather be a 3rd party, 'cause me's got enough
     problems already.

--
Friggin' Machines!