RE: Re: On the "Words Matter" issue (was Re: The request of words matter updated; quotes deleted)

On Sat, 8 Oct 2022 09:48:38 -0700, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 8, 2022 at 1:41 AM Felipe Contreras
> <felipe.contreras@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> All good points and questions, but I have to point out a fact of our
>> cultural zeitgeist.
>
> No, you don't.  This list is not for discussion of cultural zeitgeist.

Yes, but while he may be clumsy in expounding on his point, he does have
one.

> IBM as a corporate entity may have had such a discussion that led to a
> company policy that led in turn to their representatives making a
> request, but the only thing we have to consider is whether it's a
> reasonable request and whether it has any consequences (beyond setting
> off a pointless emotional sidebar that's going to convince no one and
> has already devolved into trolling).

To do that, we'll have to consider the basis of the request. If me's
right and the basis is politics -- and given that OP still hasn't
answered Wesley's very valid question -- well, should we, in the context
of our apolitical project, really consider it reasonable?

        --zeurkous.

--
Friggin' Machines!