Re: The request of words matter updated

Op 04-10-22 om 07:29 schreef Daniel Shahaf:
As producingoss explains, voting is going to leave half the participants
unhappy.  Let's instead try and find a solution we can consense on.

Since there is no consensus or precedent, I propose changing "slave" to "minion" and keeping "master", which is the less problematic of the two (e.g., as far as I know, no one is objecting to the default master branch on millions of git repos, or to the master recordings of music productions).

This would minimise potential confusion while replacing the emotive, historically charged word by a reference to Despicable Me, which would inject some much needed light-heartedness into this debate.