RE: Re: On the "Words Matter" issue (was Re: The request of words matter updated; quotes deleted)

On Sat, 8 Oct 2022 13:24:22 -0500, Clinton Bunch <cdbunch@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It's not the words themselves, at least for me, but the analogy they=20
> evoke.=C2=A0=C2=A0 This is not the only analogy to describe the relations=
> hip=20
> between the two parts of a psuedo-terminal, nor even the best IMHO.

As me noted before: perhaps the very {master,slave} dichtomy has
caused pty(4) to be so full of warts, and so... ungeneric.

> The word master by itself does not evoke an analogy to slavery. There is=20
> also the analogy to a master of a craft, at least.

Yes. Though to a degree, that can also apply to `slave': "a slave of
one's own reputation", for example.

Just food for thought...

        --zeurkous.

--