Re: Install run-help and *.zwc files system wide in build system

Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 21:42:55 +0000 (UTC)
> Martin Vaeth <vaeth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > It would be good to make run-help into run-help.in, substitute the help
>> > directory in it when config.status gets run, and install the result

Now I understand what you mean (I had misread "run-help" for
"helpfiles", since you were talking about the latter just before).

Yes, indeed, I thought about doing this when writing the patch,
and IMHO the same thing should also happen to the _run-help
command completion.

However, I did not find out how _run-help.in could be
prevented from being installed: As far as I understood, just
anything in the Completion hierarchy gets installed, and
nothing else seems to use such a mechanism. So I thought
that it is some sort of philosophy that these files should
be identical on every system.