Re: Install run-help and *.zwc files system wide in build system

On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 10:10:18 +0000 (UTC)
Martin Vaeth <vaeth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> However, I did not find out how _run-help.in could be
> prevented from being installed: As far as I understood, just
> anything in the Completion hierarchy gets installed, and
> nothing else seems to use such a mechanism. So I thought
> that it is some sort of philosophy that these files should
> be identical on every system.

Yes, all functions get installed at the moment.  However, that's simply
a limitation: there's no intention that installed functions should be
identical on all systems if that's not useful, any more than
documentation, though we avoid any unnecessary variation.  I'll try to
find some time to see how easy it is to exclude files --- possibly just
doing ad hoc exclusions of suffixes like .in if that's the path of least
resistance.

pws