Re: PATCH: draw prompt on the correct line after window change

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 8:28 PM Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> IIR the problem correctly, a possible approach to resolve my concern would be to have the terminal report the cursor position for the shell to read+save it, rather than rely on the terminal save/restore action.

I implemented this prior to the patch I sent. Unfortunately, this
added enough prompt latency to make it noticeable. I suppose some
users might value correct WINCH behavior above fast prompt but I'm not
one of them. When I switched to save/restore cursor, I haven't looked
back. It looks to me like a strict improvement over the current state.
I think it doesn't break or slow anything down, while at the same time
it fixes WINCH handling in most cases (not in all cases though, see my
original email). I might be wrong, and there might be code that gets
broken. If you know any code that might be broken by my patch due to
its use of save/restore cursor,  please point me to it and I'll test
my patch against it.

Roman.