Re: code completition / cannot delete characters

Whoops! How about plugging 's/[[:cntrl:]]/?g' into that instead?
: env | egrep '^(TERM|VISUAL|EDITOR|PS1)$' | sed 's/[[:cntrl:]]/?/g'

[hanno: /home/hanno]>: env | egrep '^(TERM|VISUAL|EDITOR|PS1)$' | sed 's/[[:cntrl:]]/?/g'
[hanno: /home/hanno]>

That's it!
Hmmmmmm.....

It is probably longer than you believe. typescript will also contain the normally invisible escape sequences that zsh sends to your terminal to tell it to erase the first cd /usr/src (which you won't see if you cat it.

Just make sure to run script, do the whole tab thing so that it won't erase the first "cd /usr/src", and then provide the literal version of that script. :)

Ok. I'm sorry. Here it is:
http://www.michaelworobcuk.de/typescript/

Hm... you don't have infocmp. Do you have an /etc/termcap? If so, could you provide it (it's probably too large to put on list)?

Yes, I have termcap.
Ähm sry. Should I upload the file? I don't know .,...