Re: Best practices for managing aliases in ohmyzsh?

On 2021-09-01 11:34 a.m., Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
The file is always read each time it is sourced (setting aside .zwc
files and what not).  It does not matter whether it defines functions
or not.
I think I'm clear about this.  I'm just saying that once a function has been sourced, it's in memory.  As was pointed out earlier, if you just run scripts you keep your memory resources a bit trimmer at the expense of a micro second here and there.  Anyway the panic is over -- a line of code is a line of code, function, sourced or executable, all the same.  Functions: same environment.  Sourced or executable: fresh environment.