Re: Best practices for managing aliases in ohmyzsh?

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 12:56 PM Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok, I was too flabby in interpreting 'execute'.  I've taken 'source' to
> be identical to 'execute'.  Not so.  But ... what if you have a shebang
> in a sourced file?  One might suppose that forces a subshell, no?

No.  "#!" is a comment, because it begins with "#".

> What if you source a file with another shell's shebang?

Sufficiently portably written shell code might work, and there are
some tricks you can do in some languages that have superficial
similarities so that incorrect interpreters can recognize themselves
and do a backflip, but for the most part it is indeed "barf."