Re: About menu selection (again)

On Aug 20,  1:58pm, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
}
} > Could we do something along the lines of [...]
}
} We should actually be able to get by with just a tiny flag, that's set
} when a completion widget is defined. Or am I wrong.

No, you're not wrong.  I was thinking that it should be something tied to
the module system so that if somebody else writes a completion module, it
wouldn't need to know about this extra flag -- but any module that really
wants to use compcore etc. has to tie into `zle -C', so it's probably OK.

} Ideally, this should really check, if any completion widgets are bound
} to keys, shouldn't it?

That's not as obvious ... if no completion widgets are bound to keys, how
would you get into docomplete() in the first place?

} +/* != 0 if there are any defined completion widgets. */
} +
} +/**/
} +int hascompwidgets;

Shouldn't that be `mod_export int hascompwidgets;' ?

} +    /* We the C-code's point of view, we can only use compctl as a default

"We the C-code"?  In order to form a more perfect unix?