Re: PATCH: highlight pasted text

On 8 Aug, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Over here I'm using zle_highlight=(paste:standout).  It's unobtrusive,
> doesn't munge the pasted text, and on at least one occasion reminded me
> to invoke <accept-line> after pasting.
>
> Maybe set that by default instead?

I don't have a strong opinion on this. I didn't want to impose anything
and it seemed an easy thing to change later.

Standout is also used for an active region by default and this isn't the
region. For a basic terminal there are limited attributes available:
with the region it can be confusing if your terminal renders your cursor
as standout as doubled standout puts things back to normal. I use
subtler colours if I've got an 88 or 256 colour terminal which would be
my normal environment and disable it otherwise.

Oliver