RE: Re: The request of words matter updated

On Wed, 28 Sep 2022 07:16:16 -0500, Clinton Bunch <cdbunch@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 9/28/2022 1:14 AM, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> Because they're silent, there is no way to tell if they are a majority.=C2=
> =A0=20
> Personally, I think the silence comes from the fact 90-95% of people=20
> just don't care.

They will care once it's forced down on them. When it's too late. While
IMO it's often stupid to stay silent, they don't deserve such treatment.

> These words cause some people pain.=C2=A0

All words have the potential to cause pain.

> You may think the source of tha=
> t=20
> pain is silly,

Slavery is not a silly matter IMO. That's not the dicussion here
anyways.

> but it doesn't make the pain any less real. (Ask anyone=20
> who's been clinically depressed about feeling pain other people tell you=20
> you shouldn't feel)
>
> It's a small change that alleviates pain.=C2=A0 That should be reason eno=
> ugh=20
> to do it.

As has been explained multiple times, by different people: the change
you are proposing is not small.

And while me's truly sorry if certain technical terms cause you (or
anyone else) pain, depression, or worse: they are technical, and when
taken in context, they have no emotional load beyond what we personally,
and individually, assign to them.

Are you going to try and persuade physicists to drop Schroedinger's Cat,
because randomly gunning down cats is just cruel?

Good luck.

        --zeurkous.

--
Friggin' Machines!