Re: Re: The request of words matter updated

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 28, 2022 at 01:05:43PM +0000, zeurkous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Slavery is not a silly matter IMO.

Ack. But slavery has no real relation to these terms anymore. They're
about processes and sockets and whatever, not about people.

Child processes are also not the result of two processes engaging with
each other, yet they're named "child" because child and parent are
also technical terms for quite a long time now, too.

> That's not the dicussion here anyways.

Exactly. And it's not what these terms are about.

They're technical terms. Not related to people.

> And while me's truly sorry if certain technical terms cause you (or
> anyone else) pain, depression, or worse: they are technical, and when
> taken in context, they have no emotional load beyond what we personally,
> and individually, assign to them.

Thanks.

		Kind regards, Axel
--