Re: Can't tell the difference in operation between PATH_SCRIPT and NO_PATH_SCRIPT

On 2024-01-26 09:21, Steve Dondley wrote:

This is why the documentation for the PATH_SCRIPT option in zshoptions(1) points you to the INVOCATION section of the main zsh manual: the option is really only useful when specified on the command line.

I’ve got lots of quibbles with how that section is written. It is not for mere mortals.
 Nice to have another mere moral around.  We will understand each other's frustrations with the docs.  Technical writing is usually bad, and it seems that in the 'nix word that is particularly true.  zsh isn't the worst tho, some 'man' pages are designed to baffle.   In some ways the zsh manual is a masterpiece of a certain kind of doc -- a compendium of everything that's true -- but helpful it ain't.  I like to say that the guy who wrote it (Paul F. I presume) was so knowledgeable and so intelligent that writing for mere mortals would have been difficult for him.