Re: code completition / cannot delete characters

Am 10.03.2007 um 18:15 schrieb Bart Schaefer:
What happens if you start with "zsh -f" so that we're not dealing with
any possible oddities from /etc/z* or ~/.z* files?

[hanno: /home/hanno]> zsh -f
yourhost% bindkey -v
yourhost% autoload -U compinit
yourhost% compinit -D
yourhost% cd /us<TAB>

(Your local machine name should appear instead of "yourhost" above,
and <TAB> means press the tab key.)

Does anything not shown there happen at any step along the way?
No, it is all like above:

[hanno: /home/hanno]>zsh -f
[hanno: /home/hanno]>bindkey -v
[hanno: /home/hanno]>autoload -U compinit
[hanno: /home/hanno]>compinit -D
[hanno: /home/hanno]>cd /us
[hanno: /home/hanno]>env | egrep '^(TERM|VISUAL|EDITOR|PS1)' | cat -v
TERM=xterm-color
PS1=[%{^[[1;33m%}%n: ^[[1;35m%}%d%{^[[0m%}]>

Is
the completion still garbled?

yes, I am sorry, but it is.
} > - the output of:
} > env | egrep '^(TERM|VISUAL|EDITOR|PS1)$' | sed 's/[[:cntrl]]/?/g'

see above.
There should be one more colon in there, it's  [[:cntrl:]]  but that
still might not work if you don't have a very modern sed.  Also the
"$" at the end of the pattern is a typo, too, that grep won't match
anything.  A more useful approach might be

    env | egrep '^(TERM|VISUAL|EDITOR|PS1)' | cat -v

} I cannot delete the "cd /us"
} Strange hmm?

I'm beginning to think we're entirely on the wrong track here and this
is just a problem with invisible characters in your prompt string.
Thus suggesting that you start from "zsh -f" (which is always a good
technique, to make sure that the problem isn't something that you have
misconfigured locally).

I started the zsh with zsh -f, but the problems stay the same.
I found out, that the combination <ctrl + a> doesn't work, as I expected the cursor to jump to the beginning of the line.

Thats what happens:

[hanno: /home/hanno]>^A

--
Michael