Re: code completition / cannot delete characters

On 11/03/07, Anupam Srivastava <anupam.srivastava@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > NEVER NEVER "export PS1".  Worst idea in the history of whoever created
> > skeleton bashrc files.  I have often wished zsh would ignore PROMPT, PS1,
> > RPROMPT, RPS1, PS2, etc. from the environment when starting up ...
>
> A bad idea indeed. :-)

Sorry for this newb question. What else should one do if not export
PS1. I am exporting PROMPT and RPROMPT in my ~/.zshrc

You want to set it, not export it. ie
PS1=yourprompt
not
export PS1=yourprompt

It doesn't matter if you use "PROMPT" or "PS1".

--
Mikael Magnusson