Re: code completition / cannot delete characters

Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Mar 10,  8:19pm, Michael Worobcuk wrote:
> }
> } > What happens if you start with "zsh -f" so that we're not dealing with
[...]
> } No, it is all like above:
> }
> } [hanno: /home/hanno]>zsh -f
> } [hanno: /home/hanno]>bindkey -v
>
> No, it's not all like the above.  Why does your customized prompt still
> appear after you've run "zsh -f"?  You should get an extremely simple
> prompt with nothing but a host name and a percent sign.  If you get
> anything else, you have not succeeded in starting zsh in its default
> configuration.

Maybe he sets PS1 in his global zshenv.  Since nothing can prevent
that file from being sourced (not even by '-f'), that would be
possible.

But your bet at an exported PS1, has got higher odds, I guess. :)

> NEVER NEVER "export PS1".  Worst idea in the history of whoever created
> skeleton bashrc files.  I have often wished zsh would ignore PROMPT, PS1,
> RPROMPT, RPS1, PS2, etc. from the environment when starting up ...

A bad idea indeed. :-)

> Note to myself:  Forget "zsh -f", the way to go when reproducing bugs is
>
>     env -i zsh -f

That's a great idea. I didn't know of env's '-i' option.
Thanks for the hint.

Regards, Frank

                                                  -- RFC 1925