Re: zsh function breaks after error

> From: Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> On 2022-02-11 06:58, Thomas Lauer wrote:
>
> > I'm a Windows refugee as well but over there I've used a command
> > processor called Take Command (the former 4NT)
> 4DOS and Take Command ruined me.  I got to just taking for granted that
> level of
> polished perfection and when I moved over here,  the culture shock
> nearly killed me.

Interesting. Take Command *was* (or is) powerful but IMO it's no match
for zsh. I happily invested a lot of time investigating zsh and its
options because I found many things immediately appealing.

> On 2022-02-11 15:31, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> >
> > Consensus is hard.  For example, I personally I think tens of
> > thousands of lines of history is unnecessary no matter how much RAM
> > you have to throw at  it.
> I picked that line almost at random.  Thinking about it, mine probably
> is too big.
> Point is that some reasonable amount of history is something that almost
> everyone
> wants.

I am with Bart on this one. Many so-called "defaults" in all sorts of
software, including zsh, are far removed from what I find reasonable (or
at least work-flow enhancing). The whole point of "optionising" features
is to give people choice. But with that comes of course a learning curve
and some responsibility for the choices one makes.

Tom