Re: zsh 5.0.5-dev-2 / Occassional hangs on Test/A05execution.ztst

On Aug 15, 11:32am, Axel Beckert wrote:
}
} > Actually the warning could be stronger than that, because the
} > inability to setpt MONITOR renders the test invalid
}
} So instead of or in addition to the warning, can we skip this test in
} case of no controlling terminal?

The test that has the warning and the test that is breaking for you are
two different tests.  The test that's "invalid" is NOT the one that is
causing your issue, so skipping the test that has the warning would not
resolve this discussion thread.  More specifically:

} > (it will always succeed, even in the case we are trying to regress).
}
} Well, it at least hangs under some yet to be determined conditions.

The "will always succeed" statement does NOT apply to the test that is
hanging; sorry that wasn't clear enough.  The test that is hanging in
fact does NOT WANT the monitor option and is *intended* to regress
something that happens with no controlling terminal!

Which means that maybe it still happens, though why "kill -INT" is not
sufficient to end the test may have something to do with the build
environment (e.g., perhaps the auto-build blocks the signal because it
doesn't want anything it's building to be able to stop the entire
automation).

} (The one case where it seems to hang for me with a controlling
} terminal, I wonder if I was just not patient enough. I think I waited
} for at least 20 to 30 seconds before pressing Ctrl-C, but I'm no more
} sure.)

If you had to wait more than 5 seconds plus some rounding error, you
had waited long enough.

I've committed a change to add the 6-second timeout on the final read
at the end of the test, see if that changes anything ...