Re: Phil's prompt is not working when LANG is set to UTF-8

This One Time, at Band Camp, Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> said, On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 01:00:52PM +0000:
> Wael Nasreddine wrote:
> > Peter I couldn't install Fedora because it doesn't work with LVM over
> > DM-Crypt, have you tried my environment ??

> No, it seems unlikely I'm going to have time for that sort of
> time-consuming procedure which is any case speculative.  It seems like
> the next step is understanding the implications of Andrei's findings
> since he's already narrowed it down.  I don't currently know anything
> about the system he's talking about.

Maybe this problem I am having is actually related to another, very
irritating, problem and like the problem previously mentioned I don't
understand why it's happening... The below screenshot[1] is when I run
my Gnome session from GDM it doesn't happen when I ran it from usual
startx command, I really don't get it, what would be different when I
start my Gnome session from GDM or from startx ??

Take a look at this screenshot[1], it speaks for itself...

I tried what Andrei has found and Actually the terminfo is returning
weird values...

[1]: http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/7752/screenshotiy1.png

--
Wael Nasreddine
http://wael.nasreddine.com

.: An infinite number of monkeys typing into GNU emacs,
   would never make a good program. (L. Torvalds 1995) :.