Re: Can't tell the difference in operation between PATH_SCRIPT and NO_PATH_SCRIPT

You need to read Peter's book.  Even there, as an expert he can't help but have a hard time putting himself in the mind of a neophyte.  As I always say, help material is best written by someone who needs the help and just now figured it out and knows what it was they needed to hear.  Experts can't do that.

Thanks, I’ll check it out. The first book that came up was: https://zsh.sourceforge.io/Guide/zshguide.pdf

I think what I need is a book for intermediate users to help get me take things to the next level. If zsh was a chess rating, I’d probably be at 1200. I know how all the pieces move and I’m decent at knowing what a good board position is but I don’t have any opening gambits memorized and I make lots of dumb mistakes.