Re: code completition / cannot delete characters

On Mar 11, 12:33pm, Anupam Srivastava wrote:
}
} Sorry for this newb question. What else should one do if not export
} PS1. I am exporting PROMPT and RPROMPT in my ~/.zshrc

It's quite correct to assign a value to PROMPT et al. in ~/.zshrc.
Just don't mark it as "export".

The use of "export PS1" is sensible in the old Bourne shell and in a
strictly POSIX shell, because there is no file that is read by every
interactive shell (only ~/.profile read by login shells).  It doesn't
make sense in bash or zsh, because ~/.*shrc can set it and the various
replacements (like zsh's %m and bash's \h for the machine name) are not
compatible anyway, if you happen to start up some other shell.