Re: Can't tell the difference in operation between PATH_SCRIPT and NO_PATH_SCRIPT

Right. I’m just suggesting the documentation could put in more effort giving a nod and helping hand to those who don’t have a lot of experience with shells.

For example, instead of just dropping ZDOTDIR on my head like I already knew what it was, it could instead say:

On most systems,, a user’s zsh configuration files are kept in their $HOME directory by default. If you wish to store these modules in a different location, this can be modified by setting the value of the ZDOTDIR parameter to a directory path of your choosing. For example, if you wish your user to follow the XDG specification, you might set the value to $HOME/.config/zsh. Typically, this value is set in the /some/config/file configuration file but consult your OS’s manual for details.

This is a much gentler way of introducing this variable to me.