Re: code completition / cannot delete characters

On Mar 11,  1:44pm, Micah Cowan wrote:
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
} > The use of "export PS1" is sensible in the old Bourne shell and in a
} > strictly POSIX shell, because there is no file that is read by every
} > interactive shell (only ~/.profile read by login shells).
}
} I can't speak to the original Bourne shell, but a strictly POSIX shell
} still has "export ENV=~/.shrc" as an option, which would seem preferable.

I may be mistaken, but doesn't ENV work the way ~/.zshenv does, that is,
it is read by *every* shell, interactive or not?

That's still not equivalent to ~/.zshrc or ~/.bashrc.